Home \ Purchasers \ Why Biddingo Network?
1. Who is Biddingo.com?
Since 1993 Biddingo.com, the leading governmental contract portal in Canada has been developing public sector eProcurement solutions that go above and beyond the eTendering requirements, which have been mandated for all public sector organizations in Canada. Biddingo.com is currently being utilized by over 1,000 PSOs to publish bid notices from across Canada. Over 80,000 business users are benefiting from the 40,000+ bid opportunities published annually. (Click here to see a list of Public Sector Bid Publishing Partners)
Many PSO's utilize Biddingo.com's basic services like:
- Publish open or invite-only bids
- Manage their vendor applications online
- Field suppliers' questions and answers on their Q&A board and issue amendments
- Distribute bid documents
- Publish bid results and rewards
And premium services to:
- Distribute printed bid documents and packages through Biddingo's ePurchasingCounter eCommerce Solution to charge for accompanying document fees on behalf of PSOs (Note: Biddingo charges a 15% administration fee on top of the document charges)
- Utilize eRFX tools to create eBidDocuments with their own unique standard document databases
- Allow bidders to submit their responses online and assign their evaluators to conduct their evaluations online
- Collect Requisition-to-Procure requests with the Approval Workflows from their user departments
- Execute contracts with negotiation option and manage contracts with change orders, reminders, and lists check items
- Manage the ePrequalification process with customized applications, unique to each requirement, and integrate directly to the bid invitation process once online evaluation is completed
- Implement CCMS (Construction Contract Management System), designed specifically for those unit-price bidding infrastructure contracts, to manage construction contracts from estimating to issuing payment certificates
As a pioneer in the public sector bid opportunity portal operator business, Biddingo.com recognized that the public sector market relies heavily on their local supplier, regardless if the bidding process remains open to businesses across Canada. This prevalent notion moved Biddingo.com to design and develop their solutions to partner with local businesses to operate portals in economically self-sustainable regions across Canada and beyond, without compromising the core functionalities. As of January 2014:
- Biddingo.com's US subsidiary, www.Bolfy.com, has been operating LA.Bolfy.com since 2008, which focuses on the southern California market. Bolfy.com is actively looking to recruit potential resellers to start local portals across the US.
- Biddingo.com's partner for the continent of Africa, www.Bolfyng.com, has been operated by Node Solutions of Nigeria since September 2013.
- In February 2014, BiddingoWest.com is partnering with Bedstone Consulting of Calgary, AB to launch BiddingoWest.com to serve the western provinces of Canada.
Currently, Biddingo.com is actively looking for a partner in Atlantic Canada, as well, to bring Biddingo's state of the art public procurement solutions to the eastern provinces.
2. Who is BiddingoWest.com?
February 2014 will bring about the launch of BiddingoWest.com, a government contract portal created specifically for Western Canada public sector organizations to facilitate their entire procurement process. BiddingoWest.com is powered by the trusted Biddingo.com engine to provide eProcurement solutions that automate your purchasing process every step of the way, from beginning to end. With access to thousands of vendors, advanced tools which transform purchasing activities from paper-based to paperless, and adherence to the AIT requirements, BiddingoWest.com aims beyond basic eTendering to completely enhance public sector organizations' procurement process.
Biddingo.com, in partnership with Bedstone Consulting of Calgary, AB, launched BiddingoWest.com to provide local representation for PSOs in BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba provinces and offer the same suite of eProcurement solutions which have improved over 1,000 PSOs across Canada.
3. Why do I need Biddingo.com?
Biddingo.com seamlessly integrates the necessary tools to manage all your purchasing activities, while adhering to the eTendering requirements. By utilizing Biddingo.com you can enjoy benefits like:
- Broadcasting your bid opportunities to a vast pool of interested suppliers
- Inviting suppliers of your choice & allow qualified suppliers on the Biddingo network to respond
- Easy and quick eDocument distribution
- E-Commerce Solution to reduce the manual work of transactions
- Tracking and viewing eDocument takers, fielding their Q&As and issuing addendums
- Managing your vendor database online
- Publishing bid results online
- Centralized management of bids with the ability to access current and historical bids and documents
- Requisition to Contract on Workflow (R2COW) to streamline the entire procurement process
- Comprehensive support via email and telephone (Mon-Fri, 8:30 am-5:30 pm)
4. Our organization is currently using our provincial system to meet the eTendering requirement. Why should I use Biddingo.com?
Biddingo.com not only meets the eTendering requirement, but goes the extra mile by integrating and automating the entire procurement process and all the accompanying data in one online system to encourage efficiency and proper compliance in your purchasing activities. With Biddingo.com you will have access to innovative tools like:
- eSolicitation- Publish your bids online, distribute bid documents, track document takers, respond to questions, and issue amendments
- eRequisition - Create requisitions to bid
- eRFx - Create bid documents from an online database of standard terms and conditions
- Workflow - Setup user access roles, approval chains, and event reminders/triggers
- eApproval - Online approvals of requisitions, bid documents, bid solicitations, and contracts
- eSubmission - Receive and evaluate bid submissions online
- eContract - Monitor progress from contract execution to contract close, as well as manage change orders, renewals, and extensions
- eVendorPerformance - Score vendors' performance during and after contract close
If your organization is mandated to post bids on your provincial system, the Biddingo team will work with your provincial site operators to link the systems. By linking the systems, your organization can enjoy the benefits of the system and automatically have your bids published on the provincial site each time you post them on Biddingo.com.
5. We developed our own system to publish bids on our website. Why should I publish them on Biddingo.com?
The Biddingo system is the product of years of development and refinement to assure organizations are gaining access to the finest tools in the market. By utilizing Biddingo.com to publish your organizations' bids, you will experience an efficient, user-friendly system to post and receive extensive coverage on all of your bids. The system is also created for organizations to automate their own unique procurement process to avoid being tied down to one uniform process. Biddingo.com has developed, maintained, and hosted this innovative system so you won't have to. Implementation of the system will allow you to focus on your core purchasing duties while the Biddingo team takes care of all the technical issues.
6. Who keeps our document charges?
Biddingo.com charges a 15% administration fee to suppliers and remits 100% of the document charges back to the PSO.
7. Can our organization use a commodity code of our choice?
Yes, Biddingo.com supports commonly used commodity codes such as GSIN, NIGP, and also can allow organizations to integrate their own unique commodity codes of their choice. Unlike many other eProcurement solutions, Biddingo.com works with your organization to ensure you are not being tied down to one type of commodity coding.
8. Who is responsible for the support/maintenance of the system?
Biddingo.com offers our services based on Software as a Solution (SaaS) model, which means we take care of all the hosting, developing, maintenance, and support. There is nothing for your organization to install and our system is accessible from your web browser.
9. Will Biddingo.com help me manage my internal procurement process?
During the 2nd Annual Biddingo User Group Meeting, Biddingo proudly launched Requisition to Contract on Workflow (R2COW), a system which allows organizations to enforce their procurement process rules through a customizable workflow system. The implementation of R2COW in public sector purchasing departments allows buyers to streamline their entire procurement process from requisition to contract management and integrates the process in one cohesive solution. Management is improved as purchasing departments can now monitor all user activity and generate summary reports. R2COW's customizable features enforce organizations' procurement process rules by setting up different user access rules, approval chains, event triggers, and much more. The product has been designed to help purchasing professionals gain better visibility and control over their entire procurement process.
10. Can we request on site presentations or webinars?
Biddingo.com encourages all organizations to schedule a presentation, whether in person or online, to further learn about the vast capabilities of the system and the many ways their purchasing activities can benefit from it.
11. What public sector organizations are utilizing Biddingo?
Biddingo Clients Include:
- Infrastructure Ontario
- City of Mississauga
- Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
- Liquor Control Board of Ontario
- Region of Halton
- Canadian Aboriginal & Minority Supplier Council
- Toronto District School Board
- Queen's University
- City of Markham
12. Biddingo.com for buyers
- Bid postings
- Bid distribution
- Automatic vendor notification of bid opportunities & amendments
Biddingo.com is an online public sector bid portal designed to facilitate the procurement process.
Whether you are a public sector purchasing manager, general contractor, engineer, architect, or represent a college, university, hospital, church, etc.… you can manage the entire e-Procurement process by posting and broadcasting your bid opportunities on Biddingo.com. Your bids will be viewed by thousands of vendors or pre-selected vendors in our network. Buyers can also distribute bid documents, publish bid results and award contracts.
Biddingo.com is user-friendly. You can register in just a few minutes and start posting bids for FREE! Biddingo’s bid posting process is an easy step-by-step tutorial guiding you along the way. The system also allows buyers to post bids at their convenience. You can start creating an RFP and save it in the system until it’s ready to be published.
There’s no need to involve your IT department, and we offer unlimited customer care should you require assistance. Best of all, there is no cost to you for using the system!
See what Biddingo has to offer - Register Now!
13. Top 10 reasons to register with Biddingo:
- Access to thousands of vendors with push technology and online bid notice distribution. When you release a bid notice on Biddingo.com, the system will match it to a database of thousands of suppliers and send them a direct email and fax notice of your opportunity!
- Get suppliers on your bidder’s list with Biddingo’s Vendor Registration service. Create a vendor registration form online and when suppliers log onto Biddingo.com, they will see your company is inviting suppliers to get on a bidder’s list.
- Source vendors from Biddingo.com’s vast pool of nationwide suppliers.
- Maintain a database of your selected vendors.
- Create and publish bid notices for general supplier access.
- Invitation only options to suppliers are exclusive to Biddingo.com.
- Track & view e-document takers
- Make bid documents available for download, which we provide FREE to our subscribers, if buyers don’t charge.
- Collect a fee for bid packages such as blueprints, if desired. Biddingo acts as your e-commerce solution!
- Issue amendments with just a few clicks.
- Publish bid results and award contracts.
Simplify your purchasing process - Register Now!
14. Buyer Features & Benefits
|Bid Notification options||
|Vast Pool of Suppliers||
|Push Technology Model||
|Track and View e-Document Takers||
|Results and Awards||
|Centralized Management of Bids||
15. How to get started
Get Started in Minutes - Register Now!
16. Publishing Bids on Biddingo.com
- Easy 5-step process. Just log on to Biddingo.com at any time and enter the bid scope, or send us the information and we’ll do it for you. No training required.
- Vendors notified of bid within 24 hours of publishing
- Conforms to your organization’s purchasing requirements (e.g. use open or closed invitations, invite your vendor list, choose to charge for bid documents)
- Manage all bids in one place – both current and historical
- Ensures a fair, open and transparent procurement process, compliant with the Agreement on Internal Trade (AIT)
Publish your bid - Register Now!
17. How bids are organized
Biddingo.com makes it easy for bidders to locate your business opportunities. All bids are organized into 14 main categories, such as Business Services and Construction, and 80 subcategories, such as Roads / sewer / water main, and winter maintenance / supplies, which are easy to use and understand. We do not use SIC codes. To review the categories and determine where your purchase would apply, click here.
18. Document Distribution
With Biddingo.com, buyers can abide by contract laws
- Make bid documents available online for download
- Keep track of document takers – abide by contract laws
- Easily send amendments to document takers
- Use flexible document distribution options - collect fees for documents, arrange courier delivery of documents and/or samples or upload read-only documents onto the system for vendors
19. Purchasing Agencies using Biddingo.com
Here are some purchasing agencies that use Biddingo.com to advertise and distribute their bid documents.
20. Sourcing Vendors and Managing Vendor Relationships using Source It
- Source vendors from Biddingo.com’s 20,000+ database, eliminating the need to source vendors yourself. Access quality vendors both within and outside your immediate market, providing you with better choices and value
- Biddingo will source additional vendors at no extra expense to you
- Maintain your own vendor list online for easy access
- Easy communication with vendors – all your vendor contacts in one place and you are able to source all vendors based on various criteria including business category and company name.
21. Myths about Biddingo.com
Myth: Biddingo.com takes
free information and sells it to vendors.
Fact: Our Research Department searches government websites, newspapers and other publications for available bid opportunities.
Our Research Department conducts daily searches through hundreds of public Municipal, Academic, University, College, Libraries, School Board, Health Care Sector and other government websites for you. When business opportunities are located, we categorize and post them on Biddingo.com. Our subscribers receive a Bid Alert the following morning.
This is considered a time-saving service for our subscribers as it saves them time from searching for bids on hundreds of public websites. With Biddingo.com, they only need to come to one place.
Myth: Biddingo.com just
sells my documents.
Fact: Biddingo.com is more than a bid publishing and bid distribution service. It offers buyers with purchasing and vendor management tools. Suppliers get access to sales leads, promotional tools, and B2B bidding. Bid documents are FREE to Biddingo.com subscribers (unless buyers opt to charge them, then the cost is passed onto the subscriber). Non-subscribers pay a reasonable one-time fee for the documents for processing and handling.
Myth: Vendors have to pay to
get bid information.
Fact: Biddingo.com offers an additional means for buyers to publish, distribute and promote their bid notices. Vendors can still access bid information for FREE by clicking through to your website. Vendors who subscribe to Biddingo.com are paying around 60 cents per day for a service that notifies them immediately of hundreds of available tenders, not just yours. They are paying for the service Biddingo.com provides in finding bid opportunities from a variety of sources nationwide, not the bid notice.
I’ll have to outsource my document distribution to Biddingo.com.
Fact: With Biddingo.com, you are not outsourcing. You are in complete control of the procurement process. We do most of the clerical work for you, such as sourcing vendors, publishing your bids, notifying vendors and distributing bid documents and amendments, but you are not outsourcing.
If I’m on Biddingo.com I can’t publish bids on my own
Fact: You can publish bids on Biddingo.com in addition to publishing bids on your site, or you can have vendors click through to Biddingo.com to get the bid information for free! Many buyers choose to use Biddingo.com exclusively for all their purchasing needs as it provides a seamless and integrated procurement process. However, some buyers choose to post on Biddingo in addition to posting on their own website.
ABOUT SSL CERTIFICATES